09 August 2012

Tag! You're It!

I found this game over at EFF Etc and couldn't resist.

Answer the 11 new questions at the bottom on your own blog or in my comments. Be sure to leave me a link so I can check you out! Add 11 new questions of your own and tag someone new.

Erin's Eleven Things:

1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I have something to share. So many other bloggers have helped in my journey to Buenos Aires and in teaching me how to blog. I want to be able to pass on my experiences and advice to those who come after me. Blogging also helps me clear my mind. When I have a lot of ideas or a problem to solve, putting it down on the blog helps me calm the chaos.

2. What is your favorite book and why?
My favorite book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I don’t care about Steinbeck at all, most of his work bores me. But this book is beautifully written and the characters are so honest and multi-layered. It’s 600 pages but it’s so engaging I powered through it.

3. If you could have any super-power, what would it be, and why?
Is empathy too corny? If I could have a super power, I would be able to see things from other people’s perspective perfectly clearly and with perfect grace.

4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Buenos Aires! Ha, obvious answer. Really though, anywhere. Anywhere but Asia. Asia overwhelmes me.

5. What would your perfect day consist of?
Coffee. Cat. Foot massage. Sandro.

6. What do you live for?
Friends. Seriously. Without them, what’s the point.

7. If you could time-travel to one point in time and spend a day, when/where would you go? (you can’t change the past!)
I would go back to 1980, the year of my birth. I would tell my 20 year old parents that everything was going to be ok.

8. What’s your dream job?
I want to be a digital mapper. I want to survey cities and map the physical manifestations of social issues. I want to use those maps to then advocate for minorities' rights.

9. What makes your best friend the best?
He is the most generous person I know. He can hang out for an hour and not say a word, but just be by me doing whatever. He buys me fizzy water as a special treat.

10. What is one skill you wish you had and why?
I wish I was more athletic. I hate exercise so much but I really wish I was one of those people who craved it.

11. If you could live forever, would you? Why or why not?
No. Nononononono. Carbon is meant to decay. I am perfectly at peace with that.




My Eleven Things:

1. What has been your favorite age so far?
2. What are you most grateful for right this minute?
3. When was the first time you experienced (fill in a particular emotion here)?
4. Where is home?
5. If you had to incorporate one food into every meal you ate for the rest of your life, what food would you choose?
6. What do you want to be remembered for?
7. What do you think about the Curiosity Rover’s Mars landing?
8. What’s your worst habit?
9. What’s the best thing about you?
10. What’s your favorite website and why?
11. On a scale from 1 to 5 (5 being the most presentable), how would you rate the outfit you’re wearing right now?

Tag! You're it!

2 comments: